Man United hand massive boost as UCL giants ready to sacrifice £85m superstar

October 10, 2017

According to the reports, Manchester have been handed a massive boost in the pursuit of Real Madrid superstar Gareth Bale.

The Wales international is a long-term target for the Red Devils chiefs, who lost out to Real Madrid in the battle to sign him for Tottenham Hotspur back in 2013.

The 28-year-old attacker has helped Los Blancos to back-to-back Champions League titles but faces an uncertain future at the Santiago Bernabeu following a downturn in form.

Man United head coach Jose Mourinho admitted his interest in signing the Welshman during the summer transfer window but a deal failed to materialise.

However, the Spanish media claim that Real Madrid bosses are ready to sell him next summer. According to Catalan publication Mundo Deportivo, they are ‘determined to sacrifice’ Bale and expect there to be plenty of Premier League interest.

After a disappointing summer in the transfer market, Real president Florentino Perez is already planning for next year.

It’s understood that the President is planning two or three major arrivals, with Bale set to be the highest-profile departure.

Perez revealed last month that Bale is “transferable”.

He said: ”[As for Bale], he is one of the best players we have and we are very pleased with him.

“There were no offers for him and what [Jose] Mourinho said about him was just said in a complimentary way.

“Every player is transferable right now and we’ll see what happens in a year, although I don’t know what’ll happen next year, just as nobody does.”