Man United lining up stunning move for 23-year-old Liverpool ace next summer
According to the Italian media sources, Chelsea and Manchester United have entered the race to sign Emre Can from Liverpool.
The Germany international has not signed a new contract deal with Liverpool and will be available on a free transfer next summer transfer window once his deal expires.
The Serie A champions Juventus have been strongly linked with a move for the central midfielder, but Tuttosport suggests that the Italian giants are now facing competition from Chelsea and Manchester United.
On the other hand, Bayern Munich are also keen on a deal for the 23-year-old Can, who will be free to negotiate with teams outside of England in January.
Last month, Juventus’ general manager Beppe Marotta confirmed that the Old Lady are planning to make a move for the German midfielder in January after failing with a bid this summer.
‘Liverpool are holding on tight to Emre Can,’ he said.
‘His contract expires in June. We’ll be able to negotiate with him from January.
‘We won’t hide the fact we like him, but currently he is a Liverpool player, so we can only admire him from afar.’
Man United have failed with last minute bid to sign 28-year-old Chelsea star
Jose Mourinho made a deadline day offer for Chelsea winger Willian, according to stories.
Mourinho and Manchester United were close yesterday as their rivals all made moves in the transfer market.
However, The Sun says Man United did make a bold last-gasp offer to take Willian to Old Trafford.
The offer was turned down though, with Antonio Conte landing Danny Drinkwater and Davide Zappacosta following the deadline had gone.
Meanwhile, Manchester City teenager Jadon Sancho has moved to Borussia Dortmund despite interest from Arsenal and Manchester United.
The youngster opted to leave the Etihad amid concerns of getting first-team chances under Pep Guardiola, and he will now attempt his hand at playing abroad.
Sancho has received Ousmane Dembele’s No. 7 shirt after the attacker secured a mega £95million transfer to Barcelona and the footballer of the competition at the European Under-17 Championships for England will wish to make his mark in Germany.
“We are very pleased that Jadon Sancho, who is currently one of the greatest talents in European football, will play at BVB,” – Dortmund’s sporting director Michael Zorc claimed.
“We are convinced that we can help this very young player continue to develop his game and become a real asset for our team.”
It’s thought Sancho rejected a deal worth £30,000-a-week with Pep Guardiola’s men to complete a £8m switch away.
Gerrard urged Jose Mourinho to use Man United midfielder as centre-forward
Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard believes Manchester United head coach Jose Mourinho will get the best out of Marouane Fellaini if the Portuguese tactician plays the Belgian as a centre-forward for United.
The 29-year-old midfielder scored the opener in the 3-0 victory over Basel in Man United’s opening Champions League group game on Tuesday evening.
The powerful star also provided the cross to the far post which set up Marcus Rashford for the Red Devils third goal at Old Trafford. He could now keep his place in midfield as Paul Pogba will miss Sunday’s Premier League clash Everton with a hamstring injury.
But when asked about Fellaini’s best position, Liverpool icon Steven Gerrard suggests it was easy to play against him as a central midfielder and believes the Belgian should be utilised higher up the pitch.
‘In the middle of the pitch, he never used to hurt you or harm you, you’d play against him all day,’ the former Liverpool captain told BT Sport.
‘You used to like playing around him, he didn’t really bother you.
‘But for Everton as a forward, he’d back into you, people could run off and he’d be a right handful. For United, if people get quality deliveries into the box he’ll score you goals.’