Man United Round-up: Jose Wants £37.5m La Liga Ace, Roma Striker On Radar, 27-Year-Old Close To Leave

October 13, 2017

Man United interested in signing £37.5m Barcelona star

Jose Mourinho asked Manchester United chiefs to sign Sergi Roberto from Barcelona.

Spanish news outlet Don Balon say the Portuguese is keen to sign the versatile midfielder. It’s suggested Mourinho is willing to give Roberto a hefty pay rise in a bid to lure him away from the Nou Camp.

The 25-year-old also has a tantalising £37.5m release clause which has fuelled speculation that he could be on the move.

Speaking of the summer, Roberto said he was happy at Barca – provided he played in midfield throughout the campaign.

He explained, “In pre-season, I wasn’t starting. But now in the official matches, I am playing more. I want to continue here and continue like this.”

Roberto can be deployed in midfield, at full-back or as a winger. He played at right-back the last term and acquitted himself well.

However, the Spain international prefers to play in a more central attacking role. Since making his debut in 2010, he’s struggled to settle himself as a regular starter. Roberto has made 96 appearances for the club, scoring one goal.

Don Balon say Mourinho thinks Roberto is undervalued at Barca and would be a bargain for the Premier League heavyweights.

Man United urged to complete transfer of 21-year-old Serie A forward

As per the ESPN, AS Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini has the attributes to complete a future move to Manchester United.

Earlier this month, United’s arch rivals Manchester City were linked with an approach for the Italian sensation, who has recently returned to Roma after a two-year spell with Sassuolo.

However, former Newcastle United and West Ham United goalkeeper Hislop, who currently works at ESPN has tipped the 21-year-old to eventually move to the Theatre of Dreams.

Hislop told ESPN: “A ball-playing, very technical midfielder. I think he will [join Manchester United]. I think this makes a whole lot of sense.

“If you’ve got big money to spend, he’s the kind of player you want to spend it on. Manchester United do, they have a need. I think it makes a whole lot of sense for player and club.”

Meanwhile, United could be able to sign Inter Milan attacking star Ivan Perisic for €60 million (£54m) next summer.

The highly-demanded Croatia international was one of Jose Mourinho’s top transfer targets in the summer window but the Red Devils were unable to agree a fee with the Serie A club.

But Gazzetta dello Sport now suggest that in the 28-year-old Perisic new contract is a release clause worth €60m which can be activated as of next summer.

Man United’s 27-year-old versatile star eyes shock January move

According to the reports, Manchester United versatile defender Daley Blind is open to the prospect of leaving the club to join Turkish giants Fenerbahce during the mid-season transfer window.

The 27-year-old Dutchman has played just one minute in the Premier League since the end of August, having previously played a full part in the Red Devils’ opening three fixtures.

The former Ajax Amsterdam defender is growing increasingly frustrated at the Theatre of Dreams and, according to Hurriyet, a number of foreign clubs are ready to make a move in January.

Among those said to be interested are Fenerbahce, with the Turkish Super Lig outfit willing to test United’s resolve by tabling a bid.

Daley Blind is not the only Man United player who has been linked with a surprise move, as Anthony Martial could also be leaving the Old Trafford with Arsenal keeping close tabs.

Following the arrival of new talents and the improvements in performance from Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial has found it difficult to find regular game time for United this season. The Frenchman could be tempted to move to Emirates next summer.