Philippe Coutinho finally speaks out and it’s wonderful news for Liverpool fans

November 13, 2017

Liverpool attacking star Philippe Coutinho has admitted that he is ‘happy’ at Merseyside club amid intense speculation linking him with a stunning switch to Barcelona.

The 25-year-old South American handed in a transfer request last summer in the hope of securing a dream move to Camp Nou, but the Reds held firm and rejected numerous offers.

The Catalan side are understood to be already preparing a January move for the playmaker, who joined Liverpool back in 2013, with reports claiming a £120m bid is being lined up.

Asked how he feels at Anfield having been denied the chance to join Barcelona, the Brazil international said: ‘I’m playing in one of the biggest leagues in the world. ‘I’m always happy. At the moment I am very happy with my life.’

Speaking about the club’s transfer plans last month, Barcelona chief executive Oscar Grau said: ‘We are ready to buy Coutinho in the winter market or any player the technical staff request.

‘But it is important to adjust ourselves, so if there are to be arrivals, there must be exits as well. ‘We must forget about the price paid for Neymar last summer.

After taxes we received about €188m in income and a direct financial impact on the club’s treasury of €144m.’

Liverpool fans will hope the club can continue to resist approaches from Barcelona but Luis Suarez believes Coutinho is determined to join the Spanish outfit.

‘Obviously he would have [wanted the move] because he’s a player who has ambition and any player would want to come to Barca,’ he said. ‘He went through a difficult and very complicated moment but as a professional he continued to show how good a player he is and the personal quality he has.’