Chelsea vs Watford
Competition: Premier League
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Date: July 4
Kick off: 19:00
Managers: Frank Lampard, Nigel Pearson
Head to Head Stats:
EPL 02-11-2019 FT Watford 1 : 2 Chelsea
EPL 05-05-2019 FT Chelsea 3 : 0 Watford
EPL 26-12-2018 FT Watford 1 : 2 Chelsea
EPL 05-02-2018 FT Watford 4 : 1 Chelsea
EPL 21-10-2017 FT Chelsea 4 : 2 Watford
EPL 15-05-2017 FT Chelsea 4 : 3 Watford
Watford team news:
- With no fresh injury concerns, the Hornets have had almost a whole week to reflect and recover from a 3-1 home loss to Southampton.
- Watford looked short of ideas last time out but Nigel Pearson doesn’t have too many alternatives in attack, particularly in the absence of key man Gerard Deulofeu.
- Instead he may look to sure things up at the back and hit the Blues on the break, so Christian Kabasele could return to the side, with Craig Dawson moving out to the right.
Chelsea team news:
- Following a shock defeat to the Hammers in the week, Frank Lampard will likely ring the changes to his team, with the likes of Jorginho, Mason Mount and Billy Gilmour all hoping to return in the starting XI.
- Elsewhere we could see a return for talented full-back Reece James, with Cesar Azpilicueta switching to the left to replace Marcos Alonso, while Kurt Zouma is an alternative at the back.
- Olivier Giroud should also reclaim his place and replace Tammy Abraham up front.
Chelsea possible line-up: Kepa, James, Christensen, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Mount, Jorginho, Gilmour, Pulisic, Giroud, Willian
Watford possible line-up: Foster, Masina, Cathcart, Kabasele, Dawson, Capoue, Hughes, Sarr, Doucoure, Pereyra, Deeney
Match facts (via Opta):
- Chelsea have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 9 home matches against Watford in all competitions.
- Chelsea have scored at least 3 goals in 7 of their last 8 home matches against Watford in all competitions.
- Chelsea have won 8 of their last 9 home matches against Watford in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea’s last 6 games (Premier League).
- Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Chelsea have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 home matches (Premier League).
- Watford have failed to score in their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
- Chelsea have won their last 3 home matches (Premier League).
- Watford have lost their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
Prediction: Chelsea 2-0 Watford