Manchester United vs Burnley
Competition: Premier League
Venue: Old Trafford
Date: January 29 2019
Kick off: 21:00
Managers: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Sean Dyche.
Head to Head Stats:
EPL 02-09-2018 FT Burnley 0 : 2 Manchester United1
EPL 20-01-2018 FT Burnley 0 : 1 Manchester United
EPL 26-12-2017 FT Manchester United 2 : 2 Burnley
EPL 23-04-2017 FT Burnley 0 : 2 Manchester United
EPL 29-10-2016 FT 1Manchester United 0 : 0 Burnley
EPL 11-02-2015 FT Manchester United 3 : 1 Burnley
Man United team news:
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made slight changes to the side that beat Arsenal 3-1 on Friday night and will recall the likes of Phil Jones, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and David De Gea.
- Given the quick turnaround between matches, Diogo Dalot may also be called upon to replace Ashley Young at right-back.
- Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku both played important roles in defeating Arsenal in the FA Cup fourth round but will more than likely return to the bench here.
- Chris Smalling could make the bench on Tuesday night but Marcos Rojo and Marouane Fellaini are sidelined for the home side.
- Fred could get a rare start if Solskjaer needs some fresh legs in midfield after Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera all played 90 minutes on Friday.
Burnley team news:
- Nick Pope looked rusty on his return between the sticks in Saturday’s 5-0 defeat away to Manchester City, with Tom Heaton set to be recalled to face his former club in midweek.
- Robbie Brady has suffered a setback in his bid to return to full fitness and is unlikely to recover in time to face his former club. Another former Manchester United player, Phil Bardsley, is also a doubt.
- Johann Gudmundsson is still trying to recover from a thigh injury that has kept him sidelined in nearly a month.
- Charlie Taylor may have to fill in at right-back if neither Bardsley nor Matthew Lowton can recover in time for the trip to Old Trafford, with Stephen Ward at left-back.
Man United Possible Lineup: De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof, Jones, Dalot, Pogba, Matic, Herrera, Martial, Rashford, Lingard
Burnley Possible Lineup: Heaton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward, Taylor, Hendrick, Westwood, Cork, McNeil, Barnes, Wood
Match facts (via Opta):
- Man Utd have won their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Man Utd have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 8 matches against Burnley in all competitions.
- Man Utd have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 4 home matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 5 home games (Premier League).
- Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 home matches (Premier League).
- Man Utd are undefeated in their last 8 matches against Burnley in all competitions.
Prediction: Man Utd 3-1 Burnley