Arsenal set to offer new deal to 30-year-old forward

By | February 28, 2020

Arsenal have been given cause for concern as journalist Nicolo Schira has suggested that discussions over a contract renewal have stalled with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The 30-year-old forward has been crucial again so far this campaign, scoring 19 goals in 30 matches and leading the way for the Gunners both domestically and in Europe.

In turn, they can ill-afford to lose him, but with his current deal set to expire in 2021, there is apparently growing concern over the ability of the two parties to reach an agreement on an extension.

The Gunners have been in this position several times in recent years where their top stars have entered the last year of their respective deals, thus leading to painful and unpopular decisions over who has left with Aaron Ramsey being the prime example.

With that in mind, they’ll surely be great to avoid that being repeated on this occasion, but it could be heading towards a stalemate in discussions with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for the time being.

As per Nicolo Schira’s tweet below, he has suggested that discussions have stalled, and now Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could leave Arsenal this summer with Inter said to be a possible destination as a replacement for Lautaro Martinez if he joins Barca.

It remains to be seen if the pieces fall into place for that to happen, but the mere fact that speculation is building over Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exit will be a significant concern for Arsenal supporters who will be desperate to avoid seeing their star striker leave at all.

That said if they fail to qualify for the Champions League next season, that could raise serious doubts over the Gabon international striker’s desire to stay at the Emirates.