Arsene Wenger rules out the transfer move of Moussa Sissoko

July 23, 2016

According to the English media outlets, Arsenal head coach Arsene Wenger looks to have ruled out any move for Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

The 26-year-old star has often talked about being an Arsenal fan as a child and last month before the Euro 2016, he said he was keen to stay in England but also wants Champions League football.

 

During his interview with Arsenal’s official website, Wenger admitted that despite three midfielder have already left the Gunners, they are now ‘solid in midfield’ with January signing Elneny and three players have returned from injury.

He said: “We lost three midfielders in Flamini, Rosicky and Arteta, but numbers-wise we are quite solid in midfield now.

“Elneny had a big impact when he came here, Coquelin was injured for a long time and is back. Cazorla will also come back, Wilshere is back – so we are solid in midfield.”

On the other side, Moussa Sissoko discussed his future plans with Foot Mercato back in early June before the tournament.

The Frenchman said: “That (Sissoko’s preferred destination) I keep to myself (laughs). There are discussions to be had and I just hope to find the best club for me, where I can develop myself as much as possible. As I said, Newcastle must accept my choice. I want to continue to progress, playing very high level, to continue playing for France. Being in Newcastle, it would be complicated, I think.

“It (rumours of Arsenal interest) is very flattering. Arsenal is one of the best European clubs. It’s good to know. I hope I will have a chance soon to play in this club or similar club.” Said the midfielder.