Huddersfield Town vs Chelsea
Competition: Premier League
Venue: Kirklees Stadium
Date: August 11
Kick off: 19:00 pm
Managers: Maurizio Sarri; David Wagner
Head to Head Stats:
EPL 09-05-2018 FT Chelsea 1 : 1 Huddersfield
EPL 12-12-2017 FT Huddersfield 1 : 3 Chelsea
FAC 16-02-2008 FT Chelsea 3 : 1 Huddersfield
FAC 07-01-2006 FT Chelsea 2 : 1 Huddersfield
Huddersfield Town team news:
- Danny Williams is ruled out for Huddersfield, while Elias Kachunga has also been passed fit for the home side.
- Summer signing Juninho Bacuna is also injured, while Erik Durm lacks fitness.
- Adama Diakhaby is expected to start of Huddersfield’s new faces.
Chelsea team news:
- Chelsea signed Kepa and Mateo Kovacic on Wednesday but neither are expected to feature here. With Thibaut Courtois off to Real Madrid, Willy Caballero is expected to start in goal for the away side.
- The last of Chelsea’s World Cup players returned and got some minutes against Lyon on Tuesday, suggesting they are ready to be part of the matchday squad on Saturday.
- Antonio Rüdiger, Ethan Ampadu and Andres Christensen compete for a starting berth alongside David Luiz at the heart of Chelsea’s defence.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi will hope to start on the left flank after impressing in pre-season but that will depend on the fitness of Eden Hazard or Willian.
Huddersfield Town Possible Lineup: Lossl, Zanka, Kongolo, Schindler, Hadergjonaj, Hogg, Mooy, Diakhaby, Pritchard, Parra, Mounie
Chelsea Possible Lineup: Keppa, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Barkley, Jorginho, Fabregas, Pedro, Morata, Hudson-Odoi
Match facts (via Opta):
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Huddersfield’s last 10 games (Premier League).
- Huddersfield have failed to score in 5 of their last 7 home matches (Premier League).
- Huddersfield have failed to win 9 of their last 10 matches (Premier League).
Prediction: Chelsea 2-0 Huddersfield Town