Chelsea playmaker dismissed rumours linking him with La Liga move

By | November 8, 2019

Chelsea playmaker Mason Mount has dismissed suggestions that he could be on his way to Barcelona or Real Madrid in the summer.

The academy graduate has established himself as one of the key player for Frank Lampard’s side playing a total of 15 games in all competitions this campaign.

Mount has previously spent a loan with Dutch club Vitesse, with ex-teammate Mitchell van Bergen recently claiming that the Englishman is capable to play on a top-level at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

However, Mount has played down talk of a switch to Santiago Bernabeu or Nou Camp, insisting that he is only focusing on playing for Frank Lampard’s side.

At a press conference, Mount told reporters: “I saw what Mitchell said. I’m obviously very close to him – we had a very close bond. He’s a brilliant player, but my focus is on Chelsea and this is my first year, so I don’t look too far ahead.

“My focus is on the next game, that’s kind of how far I look ahead.”

Mount has been contracted at Stamford Bridge until the end of the 2023-24 season and the Blues unlikely to sell their star player this summer or in the nearby future especially already losing Eden Hazard who has made the switch to Real Madrid last summer.