Chelsea rocked as in-demand AC Milan man likely to stay at San Siro

By | September 15, 2021

Chelsea have reportedly suffered a huge blow in their pursuit of AC Milan star Franck Kessie, who is now set to remain at the San Siro.

The 24-year-old midfielder, who has less than one year remaining on his contract, is said to be admired by the Blues head coach Thomas Tuchel.

The Ivorian has been linked with multiple clubs across Europe including Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool, Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur, however, the star is now in negotiations to extend his deal with the Rossoneri, according to the club’s boss Stefano Pioli.

“I would like Kessie to sign. The negotiations go on between the club and his agent, I don’t think this is the time to worry. With Franck I only talk about matters relating to the pitch and I always see him as positive and serene, there are no problems,” the Italian tactician told news outlet Tutto Mercato.

The former Atalanta ace has previously expressed his desire to remain with the club, saying that he is keen to stay at the European giants ‘forever’.

The player has made 185 appearances in all competitions for AC Milan since signing for the club from La Dea in 2017, netting 30 goals and providing 15 assists.