Chelsea versatile defender speaks out about failed move to Inter Milan

By | March 2, 2021

Victor Moses has been with the London-based giants Chelsea since the summer of 2012 but has spent much of the time out on loan since then.

The star enjoyed regular minutes with the club when the Italian tactician Antonio Conte was at the Stamford Bridge outfit between 2016 and 2018.

He is now at Inter Milan and he took the 30-year-old Nigerian on a loan deal in the winter transfer market of 2020.

I Nerazzurri had an option to make Moses’ stay at the San Siro permanent last year, but in the end, the club decided against exercising it.

Victor signed for Spartak Moscow on loan last summer’s transfer window and during an interview with the Russian side’s official website, he detailed why a permanent transfer to the Serie A side did not materialise.

“I was ready to return, we had already discussed everything with Conte. But something didn’t work out,” Victor said.

“Maybe the financial situation affected it, I don’t know. And at some point, people from Spartak came to me and my agent.

Chelsea are owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich and Victor was quizzed if the fact that they are the most “Russian” club in England had an affect on his decision to continue career at Spartak Moscow.

The versatile player said: “Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia talked to my agent and explained why Spartak is the best option.

“And then I started to google about the club, watched some bright videos and realised how rich the team’s history is. So, I agreed pretty quickly.”