Confirmed: Brazilian midfielder considers Man Utd exit

By | February 9, 2019

Manchester United defensive midfielder Andreas Pereira has revealed that he held talks with Brazlian club Santos over a January move and says that it would be a “dream” to make a switch to the South American club.

Pereira has been in and out of the side under new Manchester United head-coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over the past seven weeks, featuring in four of 10-games for the Norwegian boss.

The 23-year-old midfielder was handed a rare start in last week’s 2-2 draw with Premier League team Burnley, however, failed to take his chance, seeing him left out of the team entirely for the trip to Premier League outcast Leicester City.

West Ham United, Arsenal and Santos were all rumoured with Pereira last month, however, the once-capped Brazil international intends to remain at Old Trafford for the time being, before making a return to his father’s homeland at a later date.

“I’m always following [Santos]. I’m a really sick Santista,” he told Esporte Interativo. “There was this speculation that I was going to Santos. I talked to the president, but unfortunately it was not possible.

“I also think that I have to finish a more established career here in Europe. So later, of course, it’s a dream to play in Santos. I told [Santos’s president], he understood, he was very nice to me.

“Of course, I wish the best for them, and God willing, this year we’ll win a little trophy there with Santos, right? I have a lot of desire to play in Brazil and my preference will always be Santos.

“Of course, also, my family is from Parana, we really like Atletico Paranaense. I think it’s the two clubs, if it is to have preference, they are the two clubs that I would like to play in Brazil.”