Coronavirus outbreak stopped Juve to sign 27-year-old Man Utd star

By | October 24, 2020

Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Serie A champions, Juventus would have already secured the services of Manchester United midfield star Paul Pogba during the recent transfer window if no the coronavirus outbreak.

The France international was heavily linked with a switch away from the Red Devils earlier this year, and it had been believed that both  Real Madrid and Juve were at the head of the queue to sign him.

The financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic, though, meant that neither of the UCL giants could afford the signing of £290,000 a-week Man Utd star.

According to Romano, if the outbreak had never occurred then the World Cup winning midfielder would be turning out in the colours of the Old Lady once again.

“If there was no coronavirus, Paul Pogba today would’ve been playing for Juventus. Juve were ready to make an important bid for Pogba but with the financial crisis it was impossible,” Romano said on his Here We Go Podcast.

The 27-year-old playmaker speaking on international duty, has revealed that it’s every players dream to play for Real Madrid.

“Zidane? We all heard it, things were said. My reply? Yes, every football player would like to play at Real Madrid. It may be a dream. It’s a dream for me, why not one day,” Pogba told RMC Sport.