Erik ten Hag confirms private talks with Man Utd players

By | May 17, 2022

Manchester United new head-coach Erik ten Hag has revealed that he has already held talks with several first-team players.


Ever since being named as the successor to Austrian boss Ralf Rangnick several weeks ago, Dutchman has consistently claimed that his full focus was on guiding Dutch giants Ajax to the Eredivisie trophy.

With that having been achieved last week, Dutch manager now seems ready to replace Ralf Ragninck earlier than anticipated, the 52-year-old opting to miss a planned post-season tour with the league champions.

In an interview with De Telegraaf, Ten Hag has also revealed that there has been talks between himself and some Man Utd players.

The Dutchman said: “I did receive some WhatsApp messages from them [the players] already, saying welcome to the club.”

The 52-year-old manager told the same outlet that he planned to have Portuguese superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo in his team for the next campaign, dismissing rumours regarding a potential departure from Old Trafford.

Manchester United will be without Champions League football for the next season and Ten Hag’s main mission for the 2022/23 campaign to claim the Premier League trophy to Old Trafford after nine year pause.