Liverpool vs Bournemouth
Competition: Premier League
Date: April 5; 2017
Kick off: 8:00 pm
Managers: Jurgen Klopp; Eddie Howe
Head to Head Stats:
04.12.16 – PL Bournemouth – Liverpool 4 : 3
17.04.16 – PL Bournemouth – Liverpool 1 : 2
28.10.15 – EFL Liverpool – Bournemouth 1 : 0
17.08.15 – PL Liverpool – Bournemouth 1 : 0
17.12.14 – EFL Bournemouth -Liverpool 1 : 3
Liverpool team news:
- Alongside Mane, Adam Lallana and Jordan Henderson also remain sidelined for Liverpool, suffering from a thigh strain and foot problem respectively.
- Daniel Sturridge will be back in contention as Liverpool welcome Bournemouth in the Premier League on Wednesday.
Bournemouth team news:
- Bournemouth will be also without Andrew Surman for their midweek trip, with the midfielder suffering with a knee ligament problem.
- Eddie Howe noted other injury concerns for Wednesday’s fixture but declined to go into further detail, while Tyrone Mings is yet to complete his five-match suspension.
Liverpool possible lineup vs Bournemouth
Borunemouth possible lineup: Boruc; Smith, Francis, Cook, Daniels; Arter, Gosling, Fraser, Wilshere, Pugh; King
Match facts (via Opta):
- Liverpool have won all four of their previous home meetings with Bournemouth in all competitions, scoring 10 goals and conceding twice.
- All 11 goals in the three previous Premier League meetings between these sides have been scored by different players.
- Philippe Coutinho has assisted six Premier League goals this season, his second best tally in a Premier League campaign (seven in 2013/14).
- Liverpool have won four consecutive Premier League games at Anfield for the first time under Jurgen Klopp; they last won five in a row in April 2014 (a run of six wins under Brendan Rodgers).
- Liverpool and Bournemouth have each scored seven goals from the penalty spot this season, the joint-most in the Premier League.
- Liverpool have scored and conceded in 21 of their 30 Premier League games this season (70 per cent); more often than any other side.
- The Cherries are unbeaten in each of their last four matches in the Premier League (W2 D2), this after a run of four consecutive defeats.
- Bournemouth have kept consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League; they have never recorded three shutouts in a row.
- Liverpool’s last six defeats in the Premier League have all come against sides placed in the bottom half of the table (on the day of the match).
Prediction: Liverpool 1-1 Bournemouth