Chelsea vs Manchester City
Competition: Premier League
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Date: April 5; 2017
Kick off: 8:00 pm
Managers: Antonio Conte; Pep Guardiola
Crystal Palace: DDLWD
Head to Head Stats:
03.12.16 – PL Manchester City – Chelsea 1 : 3
16.04.16 – PL Chelsea – Manchester City 0 : 3
21.02.16 – FAC Chelsea – Manchester City 5 : 1
16.08.15 – PL Manchester City – Chelsea 3 : 0
31.01.15 – PL Chelsea – Manchester City 1 : 1
Chelsea team news:
- Moses is one of “two or three situations” to be monitored before the Man City match, according to Blues boss Conte.
- Eden Hazard played against Crystal Palace following a calf injury which saw him miss international duty with Belgium, while David Luiz is still managing a knee injury sustained against Man City in December.
Man City team news:
- Bacary Sagna remains sidelined for Guardiola with an abductor injury and could be out for another few weeks, but Pablo Zabaleta is set to make a return this week after Jesus Navas replaced him at right-back during Sunday’s draw with Arsenal.
- Gabriel Jesus could also make a comeback before the end of the season after he fractured his metatarsal as he rejoined team training on Monday.
Chelsea possible lineup vs Man City
Manchester City possible lineup
Match facts (via Opta):
- Chelsea haven’t lost back-to-back home league games vs the Citizens since December 1983.
- Pep Guardiola has never previously lost both league games against a single opponent in a season as a manager in his career so far.
- After winning eight Premier League games in a row against Manchester City between 2005 and 2009, the Blues have won just five of their last 15 against them in the top-flight (D3 L7).
- There have been four red cards in the last five league meetings between these sides, with three being shown to Man City players.
- Sergio Aguero scored a hat-trick in this exact fixture last season as City won 3-0 – one of just three opposing players to hit a treble in a Premier League game at Stamford Bridge (Kanu in October 1999 and Robin van Persie in October 2011).
- Aguero has scored six Premier League goals against Chelsea, with four of those coming at Stamford Bridge.
- Manchester City have lost just one of their last six Premier League games in London (W3 D2).
- Kevin De Bruyne has now assisted 13 goals this season for Man City in all competitions, one more than he managed last season.
Prediction: Chelsea 3-1 Manchester City