Manchester United vs Chelsea
Competition: FA Cup
Date: May 19 2018
Kick off: 19:00 pm
Managers: Antonio Conte; Jose Mourinho
Man United: WDLWW
Head to Head Stats:
EPL 25-02-2018 FT Manchester United 2 : 1 Chelsea
EPL 05-11-2017 FT Chelsea 1 : 0 Manchester United
EPL 16-04-2017 FT Manchester United 2 : 0 Chelsea
FAC 13-03-2017 FT Chelsea 1 : 0 Manchester United1
EPL 23-10-2016 FT Chelsea 4 : 0 Manchester United
EPL 07-02-2016 FT Chelsea 1 : 1 Manchester United
Man United team news:
- Jose Mourinho rested David De Gea in Manchester United’s final game of the season, suggesting he will play in Saturday’s FA Cup final.
- Romelu Lukaku has missed United last three matches with an ankle problem and remains a serious doubt for Mourinho’s side.
- Marouane Fellaini and Anthony Martial are also doubts for United, in what could be their last chances to play for the club.
- Mourinho may look to mirror Chelsea’s three-man defence, in which case Eric Bailly should start alongside Chris Smalling and Phil Jones.
Chelsea team news:
- David Luiz and Ethan Ampadu are both ruled out for Chelsea ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup final.
- Willy Caballero has featured in goal for Chelsea during their FA Cup run to the final but Antonio Conte may turn to Thibaut Courtois on Saturday.
- Conte will have to choose between Olivier Giroud and Alvaro Morata on Saturday and also between an additional central midfielder or Willian in attack.
Man United Possible Lineup: De Gea, Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Matic, Pogba, Young, Lingard, Lukaku, Sanchez
Chelsea Possible Lineup: Courtois, Rudiger, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Bakayoko, Kante, Fabregas, Hazard, Morata
Match facts (via Opta):
- Man Utd have won 8 of their last 9 matches (FA Cup).
- Chelsea have won 6 of their last 7 home matches against Man Utd in all competitions.
- Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 home matches against Man Utd in all competitions.
- Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches (FA Cup).
- Chelsea are undefeated in their last 6 matches (FA Cup).
Prediction: Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea