Manchester United vs Chelsea
Competition: Premier League
Venue: Old Trafford
Date: August 10 2018
Kick off: 23:00 pm
Managers: Calud Paule. Jose Mourinho
Head to Head Stats:
EPL 23-12-2017 FT 1Leicester 2 : 2 Manchester United
EPL 26-08-2017 FT Manchester United 2 : 0 Leicester
EPL 05-02-2017 FT Leicester 0 : 3 Manchester United
EPL 24-09-2016 FT Manchester United 4 : 1 Leicester
ECS 07-08-2016 FT Leicester 1 : 2 Manchester United
EPL 01-05-2016 FT Manchester United 1 : 1 Leicester1
Man United team news:
- Jose Mourinho has real problems ahead of Manchester United’s season opener against Leicester on Friday due to injuries and players returning late from the 2018 World Cup.
- Ander Herrera and Nemanja Matic have both been ruled out, meaning Scott McTominay could get a start in midfield. Andreas Pereira was one of very few positive points for United during pre-season and he will also feature from the off.
- Eric Bailly, like Herrera, picked up an injury in their final pre-season match but, unlike Herrera, appears to have recovered in time to feature.
- Marcus Rashford cut short his post-World Cup holiday and is expected to lead the line for United.
Leicester City team news:
- Leicester manager Claude Puel has confirmed Jamie Vardy and Harry Maguire will not start against Manchester United on Friday.
- Summer signing James Maddison picked up an injury in pre-season and is a doubt ahead of their trip to Old Trafford.
- Former United defender Jonny Evans will line up against his former club if he recovers from injury in time, while fellow summer arrival Ricardo Pereira is also expected to start.
- The Foxes signed Rachid Ghezzal as Riyad Mahrez’s replacement earlier this week but he may have to settle for a place on the bench here.
- Leicester signed Filip Benkovic and Caglar Soyuncu on deadline day but neither centre-backs will make their debuts on Friday night.
- With Vardy expected to miss out, Kelechi Iheanacho should start up front after hitting top form in pre-season.
Man United Possible Lineup: De Gea, Shaw, Smallin, Baily, Darmian, Pereira, Fred, McTominay, Sanchez, Rushford, Mata
Leicester City Possible Lineup: Schmeichel, Pereira, Morgan, Evans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Iborra, Diabate, Maddison, Albrighton, Ihenacho
Match facts (via Opta):
- Man Utd are undefeated in 34 of their last 36 home matches (Premier League).
- Man Utd have won 8 of their last 9 home matches against Leicester in all competitions.
- Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches against Leicester in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Leicester’s last 7 away games (Premier League).
- Leicester have lost their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Man Utd’s last 6 games (Premier League).
- Leicester have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 away matches (Premier League).
Prediction: Man Utd 3-2 Leicester City