Manchester United vs Everton
Competition: Premier League
Venue: Old Trafford
Date: April 4; 2017
Kick off: 8:00 pm
Managers: Jose Mourinho; Ronald Koeman
Man United: DWWLD
Head to Head Stats:
04.12.16 – PL Everton – Manchester United 1 : 1
03.08.16 – CF Manchester United – Everton 0 : 0
23.04.16 – FAC Everton – Manchester United 1 : 2
03.04.16 – PL Manchester United – Everton 1 : 0
17.10.15 – PL Everton – Manchester United 0 : 3
Manchester United team news:
- Along with Ibrahimovic and Herrera, Man Utd’s record signing Paul Pogba, who has been absent for the last two games because of a hamstring injury, could be fit to return.
- However, Juan Mata – who has undergone surgery on his groin – and defenders Phil Jones and Chris Smalling remain on the treatment table.
Everton team news:
- Everton look set to have the same squad and while ex-United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin (calf) could be available come the weekend, he will remain sidelined for this game.
- James McCarthy (hamstring), Ramiro Funes Mori (knee) and Seamus Coleman (broken leg) are long-term absentees while Koeman says Aaron Lennon is “not in a physical way to be part of the team”.
Man United possible lineup vs West Brom
Everton possible lineup: Robles, Jagielka, Williams, Pennington, Baines, Holgate, Gueye, Barry, Davies, Barkley, Lukaku.
Match facts (via Opta):
- Manchester United have lost just one of their last 23 home league meetings with Everton (W18 D4), losing 0-1 in December 2013 under David Moyes.
- United have won 33 Premier League games against Everton, the second highest total for one club beating another in the competition (Man Utd 34 vs Aston Villa).
- The Toffees have scored just eight goals in their last 12 league visits to Old Trafford, with four of these coming in a single game in April 2012 (4-4).
- 45 different players have scored a Premier League goal for Manchester United against Everton – only Chelsea have seen more against a single club in the competition (50 vs Spurs).
- Anthony Martial has scored twice and assisted another two goals in four matches against Everton in all competitions, including a 90th-minute winner in the FA Cup semi-final last season.
- Manchester United have drawn eight of their 15 league games at Old Trafford this season (W6 D1). It’s the first time they’ve drawn eight home league games in a season since 1980/81 (11 draws).
- Romelu Lukaku has scored three goals in eight Premier League games against the current top six this season, compared to 18 goals in 21 appearances against the rest of the division.
- Indeed, the Belgian striker has scored in just one of his 10 previous Premier League games against Man Utd – netting a hat-trick for West Brom at The Hawthorns in May 2013.
- This is now Mourinho’s (19 games) longest unbeaten run in the Premier League since October 2005 with Chelsea (40 games).
Prediction: Manchester United 1-0 Everton