The Serie A giants Inter Milan coach Luciano Spalletti has dealt a blow to Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United hopes of signing Croatia international Ivan Perisic, according to the reports from the Italian media.
A season being connected with a move to the Red Devils, Perisic has again been drawing links with a Manchester United switch after Jose Mourinho praised the forward during his time with Russia Today at the FIFA World Cup.
Italian tactician Luciano Spalletti though is optimistic of keeping Perisic at Inter Milan this summer. In an interview with the Italian TV channel Rai Sports, he recently said: “Icardi and Perisic are the pillars of our side? Yes, I think so.
“In the last few days I talked to Perisic who finished the celebrations, he told me he is mentally tired and in terms of energy. He must recover but he has not told me anything that concerns his desire to stay here in Milan.”
In the previous season, in all competitions (Serie A, Coppa Italia), World Cup finalist Ivan Perisic made 39 appearances, netted 11 goals and provided 11 assists.
Manchester United full-back Luke Shaw has rejected the opportunity to sign for Everton this transfer market, according to a report in the largest-selling British national newspaper The Sunday Times.
The 23-year-old star signed for the Red Devils four years ago, when he was considered as one of the best young defenders in the continent.
But, his promising career was disrupted by a terrible leg break back in 2015, and since then Luke has failed to live up to the hype and expectation.
Portuguese manager Jose Mourinho has been openly critical of Luke in the past, and he even accused Englishman of being overweight and lazy.
In fact, it is clear that Jose thinks little of Luke as he used him in just 13 matches the previous season. However, it looks like that Shaw would rather stay and fight for his spot than move to Merseyside.
The Premier League side are in need of a suitable left-back substitution for Leighton Baines as his career is reaching its twilight phase, but it looks like that Marco Silva is now going to have to continue his search somewhere else.
Real Madrid creative midfielder Mateo Kovacic has remained coy on his future amidst growing speculation he could depart from the Spanish capital this summer.
Mateo fuelled talk of a transfer himself at the end of the 2017-18 campaign when he revealed he will seek a transfer this summer.
While Mateo was handed starting roles in key Champions League matches against Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain in addition to an El Clasico meeting with Barcelona last year, the 24-year-old star has grown frustrated with his role at Los Blancos.
‘I want to play more and the best thing is to leave Madrid. If I do not play, I am not happy.’ he told Marca.
Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea have all been registered with an interest in the Croatian, with Inter Milan, Juventus and AS Roma also interested to offer him a route back to Serie A as a result of a two-and-a-half-year spell with the Nerazzurri.
Diario AS report Real Madrid do not plan to listen to offers for the star who is widely considered as the heir to the Luka Modric throne for country and club.