Tottenham set to hijack Man Utd move for Real Madrid winger
Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly ahead of Manchester United in the race to secure services of Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale.
The 31-year-old has been frozen out by Zinedine Zidane at the Los Blancos and recently revealed that he would consider a return back to the English top-tier.
The 20-times English champions had been considered the frountrunners to secure services of the Wales international, possibly on an initial loan, however, ESPN claims that Spurs are his most likely destination as the player made a decision about his future an wants to return to his team.
Gareth Bale has managed to found back of the net 56 times in 203 games for the Spurs between 2007 and 2013 and is believed to be aware of his ex-club’s interest.
The report indicates that the Red Devils waiting game over Dortmund’s winger, Jadon Sancho has given Spurs the advantage, with the attacker now weighing up a possible move to North London.
Jose Mourinho’s side, who suffered a 1-0 defeat to Everton in their opening game in the English top-tier, will have to pay around £18m if they are to get a deal over the line.
Man Utd plotting £27.6m bid for Valencia midfielder
Premier League giants, Manchester United are eyeing move for Valencia midfielder Uros Racic, according to the reports.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already added Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek for £40 million from Ajax this summer.
However, the Red Devils have also been rumoured with a move for Thiago Alcantara, with German champions demanding £27.6m for former Barcelona midifelder.
The Red Devils, however, have been put off by the playmakers wage demands, which are in excess of £200,000 per week.
According to The Sun, the Red Devils have now turned their attention to La Liga outfits Valencia’s central midfielder Racic.
The 22-year-old has played only two games for the Spanish outfits and has spent the last two campaign on loan at Tenerife and then at Portuguese side Famalicao.
Racic has a £92m release clause in his current deal with Valencia, however, Spanish club ready to sell him for £28m ffor 6ft 4in midfielder.
The Red Devils have been keeping tabs on Racic’s game and the 22-year-old could provide competition for Nemanja Matic in Solskjaer’s midfield.
Meanwhile, the Red Devils hopes of securing the services of Jadon Sancho before the transfer window shut on October 5 continue to fade as Dortmund stays adamant that the forward will not be leaving.
The 20-times English champions could now turn to a loan deal for Gareth Bale, with Real Madrid keen for the Wales international to depart from the club ahead of the next season.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer urged to hijack Man City move for Serie A defensive rock
Former Arsenal forward Ian Wright believes Man United need to strengthen their centre-back position if they’re to stand any chance of claiming the Premier League trophy this campaign and says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer should make a switch to Manchester City for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly.
The 20-times English champions have made just one transfer so far this summer following the £40m acquisition of Dutch midfield maestro Donny van de Beek.
However, Solskjaer keen on to make three more signings as the Norwegian had been keen on adding winger left-back and centre-back before the transfer window shuts down.
With just three weeks left of the transfer market, the Red Devils have plenty of business to conduct if they’re to strengthen their team, however, Wright believes they’re looking in the wrong areas and should lure Napoli key man Kalidou Koulibaly.
‘We saw with the one signing in [Bruno] Fernandes that it all changed for Manchester United,’ Wright told Premier League Productions.
‘But for me in the defensive point of view they’re still very weak. We’re hearing City might get Koulibaly but they’ve [United] got to be going in there trying to do that, they’ve got to be trying to do that deal.
‘Aaron Wan-Bissaka is a fanststic defender but [Victor] Lindelof and [Harry] Maguire and the left side [Luke Shaw] – those three are there for the taking.
‘If you’re to challenge those teams [Liverpool & Manchester City] they’ve got to be a lot stronger. it’s not strong enough for me at the moment.’
The Citizens are confident of securing the services of Kalidou Koulibaly, however, their relationship with Serie A giants is strained after tough negotiations back in 2018 for midfield destroyer Jorginho.
The Italy international eventually made a switch to Chelsea after talks collapsed between the two teams. however, Koulibaly is keen to join the Citizens, who are prepared to pay £80m for his signature