Man Utd told to forget signing of World-Class No.10 playmaker

By | May 20, 2022

Southampton head coach Ralph Hasenhuttl has ruled out any possible departure for Manchester United-linked midfielder James Ward-Prowse during this summer’s transfer window.


The 27-year-old star has impressed for his side this season, scoring nine times in 33 Premier League matches so far.

The South Coast outfit rejected a £25 million offer from Aston Villa for him last year, and with the upcoming transfer market just around the corner, the Austrian tactician has stated that his player will not be departing.

According to the Daily Echo, the Red Devils and Manchester City are both keen on acquiring the services of the club captain, with a rumoured transfer being somewhere else in the region of £75 million.

However, he told reporters: “He has another four years on his contract here, he is happy here, he is our captain and he will stay here.

“We have him here as our captain and it is important that we are as a team successful and make steps forward.

“In this season we have shown in some moments that we can definitely play like a top 10 team, but there is still a few things missing.”

The England international has come through the club’s academy, and his current deal runs until June 2026.