Real Madrid have launched a concrete move in their pursuit of Napoli midfielder and reported Liverpool target Fabian Ruiz after reportedly holding negotiations with the player over a move to the Santiago Bernabeu.
ESPN report that a meeting took place last month and although the talks are in their infancy the player sees Los Blancos as a favourable destination in spite of competition from Liverpool, Manchester City and Barcelona.
Liverpool have also been connected with 23-year-old, who has no release clause in his deal with the Italian club, with the report claiming the Galacticos would have to pay between €80-€100m for Ruiz.
Fabian has been starring for Napoli this campaign and he was pivotal in the Napoli team that recently defeated the Reds in the Champions League.
Liverpool and Manchester City were said to be leading the way from the English top-flight’s perspective in September.
The interest sparked reports in the Italian media that Partenopei were set to slap an enormous €120 million price tag on the head of Fabian, with hopes high of retaining one of their most prized assets.
Meantime, forward Divock Origi accepts he has a tough task in competing against his side’s famed front three but the Belgian believes he is “slowly but steadily” improving.
“Personally I am just going game by game in terms of assessing,” he said after starting in the 2-1 UCL victory over Genk after head coach Jurgen Klopp rested key players ahead of Sunday’s visit of Manchester City.
“I am just progressing, feeling stronger game by game and trying to help the team more and more.
“I am finding my ways, finding the routines, how the guys play and I think you can tell on the pitch as well, I am growing, trying to be more efficient in the last quarter which is coming slowly but steadily.